These are well trained and equipped uniformed or plain clothed personnel usually detailed to protect buildings, and grounds to which they are assigned including the contents, occupants and visitors as well.
They enforce rules and regulations governing the facility to which they are assigned. They are also involved in V. I. P protection (Body Guarding) and escort of material and personnel. The scope of their duty is extended to cover the following:
- They enforce rules and regulations governing the facility.
- They direct traffic - both pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- They maintain peace and good order on their posts and help people requiring assistance or information.
- They familiarize themselves with all special and general orders and carry them out to the letter.
- They supervise and enforce applicable systems of identifying personnel and vehicles, conduct package inspection and apprehend people entering or leaving the facility without required authorization.
- They conduct periodic inspections of all areas at designated times to ascertain their condition of security and safety.
- They act for management to maintain order and report and incident which disrupts such order.
- They report incidence of employees engaged in loitering or in violation of clearly state policies and report all accidents involving employees.
- They log and turn in lost or unclaimed property, and in the event any property is reported stolen they check the recovered property log book before proceeding in the matter
- They make full reports to supervisors on all unusual occurrences.